Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Possible Shield Requirements Analysis
05-23-2014, 06:59 AM (This post was last modified: 05-23-2014 07:36 AM by steamboat.)
RE: Possible Shield Requirements Analysis
Looks good for me. Great to have 4 ports for Servos and I/O pins including +5 Volt and ground this makes things much easier to connect.

What features have you planed for the power system? At least I woul like to see the voltage over BT on the Android.

My which would be (but not all which have to become true in live)
- an integrated BT module for all kind of Android communication.
- a temp sensor
- a real time clock chip with battery
- a gyroscope
- some kind of on/off or sleep button/functionality to keep shellmo alive for some days in sleep mode.
- a SD card slot for storing data and/or sending sound and music.
- an amplifier to play music
- an amplifier for a mic.

With this Shellmo could tell you how hot it was at home when you are coming back or at night. It could say hello. Could say good morning when it is time to get up or play your favorite music. It could try to walk straight ahead with the gyro.

All this could be added by shields but this would be space consuming, error-prone and not standardized - as more sensors are integrated on the shield as more people would use them and show others what and how to use it - but in general - I would like to have it ;-)

As ever all of this is a question of price. Maybe it is cheaper to buy this Chinese PCB'S for most of this functions and have sockets for them then to buy the bare chips and solder it onto the PCB.

Maybe the Gyro is not necessary because Shellmo will never go long distances - but on other hand this are fun features. I still have one of this as spare part for my quadrocopter Arducopter 2.6 but never used it in a land vehicle and even did not program it by myself...

So most of this are nothing else but dreams...

PS:
What about a camera?

Rainer
http://www.steamboating.de
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Power Management - steamboat - 05-13-2014, 05:34 PM
RE: Possible Shield Requirements Analysis - steamboat - 05-23-2014 06:59 AM
Servo current - steamboat - 05-30-2014, 10:11 PM
Emoro - steamboat - 06-08-2014, 07:23 AM